Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hard Work Pays Off!

To catch you guys up! Things have been CRAZY!!

MARCH 6, 2011
Today I worked vigorously on my Resume and Cover Letter. I had my cousin's hubby proof read it and make sure it's the best it can be! After changing it like a million times, it was finally perfect!


MARCH 7 & 8, 2011
On these two days I called more than 10 wedding/event planners in my local area. I also sent out my Resume and Cover Letter through email to 8 different coordinators.
When I called these planners, these were there responses:
1. "Sorry were not offering any internships at this moment."
2. "Were currently full, sorry!"
3. (the most popular) NO ANSWER AT ALL!
I wasn't going to let this bring me down. I'm a BIG believer in faith, and "everything happens for a reason". So I knew something bigger and better would come up eventually.


MARCH 10, 2011
I GOT A RESPONSE! It said:
Hello Natalie,
Thank you for your interest in my company. The Wedding and Event industry is a great one, and I'm excited that you are interested in pursuing a career in the field.
I do have an unpaid internship opportunity available. If this is something you would be interested in, I would love to meet with you.  I'd like to learn more about you, and discuss in detail all that we do.
I look forward to hearing from you.
-Amber

I was so excited! I emailed back immediately, and set up a date for Wednesday March 16, 2011. :)



SO... This brings me to today:
MARCH 15, 2011 
Today I looked through my closet and realized that I had nothing to wear for my interview/meeting/date thingy. So as soon as I got home from school, I relaxed for a little and completed random errands then I went straight to the mall. Searching through the internet a little before leaving, I saw the perfect black slacks at Charlotte Russe, and I knew that's the store I wanted to stop by first! I looked for a blouse too, but didn't find one that I really liked. I was being really difficult, lol. So I left the store and jumped over the hall to Express.  I tried on like 10 blouses, then finally going back to one that I started with. But in the end I'm super happy!! I love my outfit, and I'm so excited for this opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment